I know that most of you didn't really believe that I. Lori Lowe started a blog. Well, I am feeling quite guilty because to be honest, I didn't. Betsie has lots of time on her hands and while I was chasing Jadon, smooching Josiah and doing the billions of things she usually does around here, she was writing a blog entry for me. She kept telling me that I needed to do this and keep it up because everyone else has one. (Except Ami...hint hint). I realized that since I no longer have a missionary out in the field, I no longer have a weekly outlet for writing or journaling the events of my life.
So, family and friends, this is really me, writing my blog entry tonight. Betsie is already in bed and because I am still on Spokane time, I thought I would write a few things. I have to say that it has been a totally awesome treat for me to be in Bartlett, Tennesee. I have fallen deeply in love with little Josiah. He lays in my arms and stares deep into my eyes with his enormous blue eyes. He came to me the moment I walked through the door on Tuesday morning and has been my little shadow ever since. Jadon didn't take long to allow me to help him but as of this morning was still calling me 'people' to his mom. He is sweet and smart but is not trusting that his mom is going to be around when he wakes up in the morning or from his nap so he stays very close to her most of the time. When his daddy comes home, there isn't another soul he'd rather be with. I have been able to load the boys up in the stroller every evening since I have come and take them on about a mile loop around the neighborhood. This afternoon there were thunder storms and tornado warnings in the area so I was afraid I wouldn't get the walk. I think Heavenly Father knew that we needed our evening walk and there was about a 40 minute break in the weather so we headed out. What a great walk we had. We blasted through puddles and splashed and laughed. It was the best walk ever. Within minutes of our return home, the sky opened up and poured again. Jadon finally had a real normal birthday with both his parents here. He was very proud of his bulldozer cake he helped me make this morning. We had leftover pound cake and decorations so he created a big catapillar bug. We were both a mess when we finished but what fun it was.
So far Betsie is behaving herself and staying down most of the time. Yesterday she jumped up and hauled Jadon off to his room for time out. I felt like putting her in time out for lifting him. Fortunately, she hasn't had any labor. I really have mixed feelings. I want the babies to stay put until they are completely ready. On the other hand, I am only here until the 10th and I want to meet them so bad. Of course, I will wish for them to make it as long as possible. I know I will meet them some time.
What I have learned being here....... Betsie and Josh are excellent parents. They have a great routine with their children and that gives these little guys such security. They are so good to each other. I know Betsie got a good man in Josh.
I have learned that I am going to be such an awesome grandma. This has been good practice for me and I think I can play in the sandbox with the best of them. (This is not a hint Aubree and Michael) Just stating a fact. I have learned that Tennesee is a nice place. I saw a magnolia tree on my walk. There are birds that sing differently than Spokane birds. People here are very nice and greet you as you walk by. Betsie and Josh have an outstanding ward that has jumped in and provided love and care.
I have also learned some new recipes. Two different soups, and Josh taught me how to make Stromboli. Yum Yum Yum. So, this has already been a great experience for me. I think my family has learned that I am not so neccessary either. They are getting along great without me. So, that is about it. Hope everyone is well and happy. Love, Lori
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am sitting here reading this with tears in my eyes and running down my cheeks for the gratitude I have for an amazing sister with the ability to love my daugther and son-in-law and grandchildren just as much as I do. You Lori are truly the angel that I prayed for to be there for my daughter. I have no doubt that Heavenly Father knows exactly what Betsie needs and provides that. Thank you a million times over. I love you sister. Juli
Post a Comment